+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rich Valley Fair ATV Rodeo July 29th & 30th Rich Valley Va.

Default Rich Valley Fair ATV Rodeo July 29th & 30th Rich Valley Va.

The Rich Valley Fair will be holding their annual ATV Rodeo on July 29th & 30th.I think that this going to be the 20th annual ATV Rodeo that the fair will have put on and they are always fun to compete in.An ATV Rodeo is a timed event/obstacle course consisting of 5 different events that are the same as the horse's run in a regular Rodeo.Their is a timing system and score keepers to keep track of the times for each event also.

The payout is either 80% or 100%, I'm not sure what it will be this year and pays out for the first 3 places in each event and class.The classes are Utility 0-400cc, Utility 401-500cc and Utility 501cc and up.The Sport/Racing classes are 2 stroke 0-300cc and 2 stroke 301cc - up and 4 stroke 0-300cc, 301cc-400cc, 401cc-499cc, 500cc - up.Their is also a Dirtbike class and all Dirtbikes run in the same class.The only rules are that all vehicles competing must have working brakes, be in good operating condition and in the past couple of years they haven't been allowing a power adder like Nitrous Oxide.

July 29th will be Utility night and registration starts @ 5:30 p.m. and racing begins around 7:00 p.m. July 30th will be for racing ATV's and Dirtbikes, but Utility bikes have competed as well in the past in the racing classes and registration begins @ 5:30 p.m. and racing starts around 7:00 p.m.

Here's some pictures from past fair ATV Rodeo's.

1999 Polaris Sport 400

2005 Yamaha YFZ 450

Too bad that fair is in the opposite direction we will be going for the VXCS race that weekend. Would have been something to check out!!!
    2007 YFZ450 & 2004 YFZ450

25+ C Class - Mid East Hare Scramble Series #35

2011 Sponsors:
    www.indigoracer.com, O'neal MX, Engine Ice, Twin Air
    Six Feet Deep Clothing, Cycle Gear, ODI Grips, Pro Armor

The fair is fun to race in.I've been racing in every year since 1994 except for one year when I was deployed to Saudi Arabia and another year when I was stationed in Texas.The best thing about it is that they actually pay out money and the rules are really relaxed.Usually there are people from Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and West Virginia that show up to race in it.All of the classes are very competitive and usually have between 35-40 people racing in every class on saturday night which adds up when they start paying out money for the first 3 places considering that there are 5 events in each class.

They always try to start around 7:00 p.m. which has never happened since I've been going to the fair, it's usually more like a start time of 7:30-7:45.The Utility night usually doesn't have that big of a turnout except in the over 500cc class and normally only lasts a few hours.The racing class night is a different story because it always has such a big turnout and usually lasts until 2:00-3:00 a.m. Last year one of my friends from Roanoke brought a Kawasaki Brute Force that was built by FST and dominated the Utility night and then came back on the Racing night and placed consistenly in the top 3 all night long in the Racing class.
    1999 Polaris Sport 400

2005 Yamaha YFZ 450

how far is it from mt airy? we mite run it on friday night jus have to wait and see
    marty "curly" benge

actionpak powersports mcb racing sponored 87 trx 250r #44 (white bike)

hutson racing actionpak powersports sponserd 89 ftz hibryd trx 250r #44 (black bettty)

i would like to thank my family and friends that turn the wrench

also want to thank our 2011 sponsers for the upcomeing season
    HUTSON RAGING
    MCB RACING
    actionpak powersports
    hutson racing atv parts 336 469 6252 www.hutsonracing44.webs.com
    jfg racing
    victory motorsports

The Fair Grounds are located about an 1/8th mile from the Rich Valley Elementary School.The GPS address is 196 Long Hollow Road, Saltville, Virginia 24370.Your best bet to see how far it would be from Mt. Airy is to check it out on Mapquest.To be honest with you if I were going to drive that far for this County Fair I would go on Saturday night if you could because that's the night when all of the racing quads and dirtbikes will be there and there will probably be about 3X the people racing plus the grandstands will be packed with people watching the race, also the big payout's will be that night and you can also race Utility bikes in the racing classes.The Friday night race is just strictly for Utility Quads and the classes are always smaller as well as the spectator turnout and the payout's.

I always go on both nights, but I only live about 30 minutes away from the Fair Grounds.The event is also held rain or shine.
    1999 Polaris Sport 400

2005 Yamaha YFZ 450

well count me out satva race srry guys
    marty "curly" benge

actionpak powersports mcb racing sponored 87 trx 250r #44 (white bike)

hutson racing actionpak powersports sponserd 89 ftz hibryd trx 250r #44 (black bettty)

i would like to thank my family and friends that turn the wrench

also want to thank our 2011 sponsers for the upcomeing season
    HUTSON RAGING
    MCB RACING
    actionpak powersports
    hutson racing atv parts 336 469 6252 www.hutsonracing44.webs.com
    jfg racing
    victory motorsports

The Utility Classes had a decent rider turnout tonight, around 20 riders in the smaller CC classes and probably about 30 riders in the over 500cc class.The Fair is doing something different this year also, usually they give the "High Point's Rider" or the person who places the highest in each class in all 5 events a trophy, but this year they are giving that rider $100 in cash plus the money that they win in each event.It made for some big payout's tonight and should make for some bigger payout's Saturday night when the rider count is bigger in each class.

Here's a video of one of my friends on a fairly quick Kawasaki that he's planning on racing again Saturday night in the Racing classes.
    http://youtu.be/JsldJ4IZtFI
    1999 Polaris Sport 400

2005 Yamaha YFZ 450

+ Reply to Thread