+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: black ankle raceway old tt track

Default Re: black ankle raceway old tt track

[quote author=quadracer18 link=topic=44049.msg480872#msg480872 date=1244662770]
    is ol manley jones still racing?
    [/quote]

Nope, sold bout all the racing stuff he had & started fishing. Gone somewhere baiting a hook every weekend so I hear.
    Neil
    # 25, 450 Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
    # 33, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens
    # 33, 350R Honda 2 stroke, Andrea Creech, Who knows this season

Crewchief, Cook, Motorhome driver, & Capt of the stoolwasher's club in nat ol motorhome.
    If it aint got a HOT WEEDEATER 2 STROKE ENGINE, all its good for is a pit bike.

Mark Poole

Default Old School 1983-89

Hey, Im a former Black Ankle/Nationals/Arena Cross 3-wheeler and 4-wheeler racer. I raced
    at the VERY FIRST race at Black Ankle and the old Asheboro Raceway. I'm interested in finding pictures and/or videos of any races from these series. I ran the number 15 and was most recognizable for my number 111 Honda. I ran a 200X, a 200R 2-stroke in the youth division and a 250R in the semi-pro and pro division. I also ran limited Odyssey events that were memorable with the Baker Brothers out of Greensboro.
    Any comments or input is greatly appreciated!!

hey yall some of you know who i am some of you dont but i just wanted to let the old school boys and girls that hasnt had a chance to visit us in awhile about Blackankle. I starting going to the track in 1993 Jim (The Dawg) has raced there since 86 and it is home to us and has been home to alot of us. Just in my time being there ive seen them start at Ankle and improve to be national riders and wellknown stars. I know the tracks not like it use to be but me and Jim are doing all we can to make it better. weve done alot of improving on the track in the past two years so that its 2-3 wide in most places. We are working on updating the lighting so that it is better lite in some places.MH owns the track and we help run the races.We are having a SATVA race coming up on June 12 .Hope to see yall there we are looking forward to having a great crowd.Our head count this year so far has been great concidering the way the economy is now.Yall should come out and visit us its a for sure that you will get the racing fever again( just ask the Gordys they know and they are a great family to meet). I can post some more pics if yall would like to how much it has changed but its a great place to bring your family for some good ol fashion racing fun.Hope to see yall June 12.
    Last edited by bigdawg08; 06-05-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: adding text
    What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. You cant change the past but your actions today will change the future.

across from Dover Church 4 miles from the track as the crow flies

i raced there in tthe very beginning. as a matter of fact i was in on the first metting MH and Harveyhad back in the the mid 80's like 85 or so when comming up with the rules on what was legal and what was not on the classes such as modifying ya bike and still be legal in each class. the people to beat back then was Steve Mendenhal and flipper page and that crowd. the track was more rough then with all the jumps like the table top just off the starting line and the big double comming up the3 hill from down in the holler and the 4 whoopte duus comming back toward the tower. yeah that was the goode days when it was more of the rider and not the speed that won the races.

When ya'll come to the Black Ankle race this weekend, bring some old pics from way back if you can find them so we can see how much everybody has changed.
    Neil
    # 25, 450 Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
    # 33, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens
    # 33, 350R Honda 2 stroke, Andrea Creech, Who knows this season

Crewchief, Cook, Motorhome driver, & Capt of the stoolwasher's club in nat ol motorhome.
    If it aint got a HOT WEEDEATER 2 STROKE ENGINE, all its good for is a pit bike.

+ Reply to Thread