+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Blazer with 6.2L Diesel

Default Military Blazer with 6.2L Diesel

I found a guy in the area that owns several k5 Blazers and other military trucks. He has one in particular he just picked up at an auction. I cant remember the year but it looked like an 85. Its has the 6.2L diesel and 60k miles on it. It does not have batteries, a starter or windsheld wiper motor but the owner claims it ran and drove fine before he took the starter and batteries out of it. He said if I wanted to test it out he would lend me a couple batteries but I would need to find a starter, which isn't cheap for 6.2L diesel. IF this truck runs and isnt leaking anything crazy, what do you guys think it is worth?
    Zip Tie or Die

Default Re: Military Blazer with 6.2L Diesel

Not much. Those surplus military Blazers used to go for $1500 or so when they were selling off alot of their stock. I wouldn't mind having one myself, just as a toy for offroading.

Fwiw, the 6.2 motor is a slug. The 6.5 was a touch better, but still useless matter. If you were seriously looking at getting one.....I'd see what you'd need to swap in a Cummins, or just put a gasoline 350 in there. It is going to cost some money to swap either way.......those things have hydroboost brakes, so unless you planned on keeping them, look for another added expense.
    -----------------
    '08 YFZ450 SE - SOLD!
    www.ncmp.net

You know what I would be using it for, if the 6.2 has enough torque at low rpm to turn some 35's on the trail, thats all I need. And the guy wants $500 for this blazer.
    Zip Tie or Die

I was gonna get one of the military trucks like that but not the blazer for my first truck. But I'm getting my grandpa's car for a really good price.
    2005 400ex with some stuff.

"WHAT THE PISS TRAINEE!?"

[quote author=LTZ400rider link=topic=43228.msg473341#msg473341 date=1239377107]
    I was gonna get one of the military trucks like that but not the blazer for my first truck. But I'm getting my grandpa's car for a really good price.
    [/quote]
    Dude.......purple?
    Zip Tie or Die

[quote author=DareDevilQracer link=topic=43228.msg473343#msg473343 date=1239377346]
    Dude.......purple?
    [/quote]

White gets boring, so im going down the line of colors we have to choose from. So every post I have is gonna change! lmao, blue is next. After blue, beige.

Ghayest thread hijack Ive ever seen ^^^

(we need a GHAY smiley face for occasions like this)

$500 beans for a K5 is worth it.

The engine is easy to rid if you don't like it........and it being a 6.2 its going to be leaking like a whore after sailor leave.

You could prob turbo the 6.2 cheaper than swapping a 350 or finding a 6.5

What you need to check is the axles, that's where some hidden expense could be. They could be water logged or just shot overall.
    I'za Blanka, He'za Blanka, She'za Blanka, we some Blanka's, wouldnt ya like to be a Blanka' too?

Triad Trailblazers ATV Club

ha bacon should change his name to tinky winky ;D ;D
    01 400ex
    04 crf250r

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies" Groucho marx

Phil pretty much said what i wanted to say.

a cousin of mine, in WA, has that same K5 with the 6.2 diesel. that thing was a beast in the woods. i can't remember exactly, but i do remember him saying something about a gear ratio swap he did.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. - Robert Heinlein

[quote author=SportsmanPhil link=topic=43228.msg473360#msg473360 date=1239395041]
    Ghayest thread hijack Ive ever seen ^^^

(we need a GHAY smiley face for occasions like this)

$500 beans for a K5 is worth it.

The engine is easy to rid if you don't like it........and it being a 6.2 its going to be leaking like a whore after sailor leave.

You could prob turbo the 6.2 cheaper than swapping a 350 or finding a 6.5

What you need to check is the axles, that's where some hidden expense could be. They could be water logged or just shot overall.
    [/quote]

BTW, I didn't hijack the thread. DDQ said sumthin about my colors.

+ Reply to Thread