+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAWNDALE SPEEDWAY....NC

quad tt racer

Default LAWNDALE SPEEDWAY....NC

Lawndale speedyway is looking to become the area's premier racing complex. Owners of this track are looking to support all types of racing from latemodel dirt track, drag racing, cart and yes even motorcycle and ATV racing.
    Plans are already in the making for a natural MX track for motorcycle and ATV racing just outside the oval. The design and start of the track could begin as early as next weekend. The owners are looking to get this started as soon as possible they have their own earth moving equipment dozers, graders and loaders.......VERY EAGER PEOPLE!!!
    Plans are also in the making to using part of the infield of the oval for a supercross and a TT track using part of the oval for the TT. Don't know about you but I think it's about time some TT racing has finally come futher south for some ATV flat track racing. With the oval being some were around a 3/8th's mile track there should be more than enough room to support this type of racing in the infield.
    Future plans may even include a CROSS COUNTRY track for the woods racers and with the right impute something for the UTILITY GUYS and maybe even SAND DRAGGERS.
    There may even be plans for a Super Motard track to. If your not sure what this racing is, it is the new rage in racing for dirt bikes using street bike type tires and racing a race coarse that's part dirt and part asphalt or concrete with a few jumps thrown in. This has been big over seas and is starting to gain popularity in the USA.
    The facility will have camping areas with RV or camper hook ups. The track is located just outside of Shelby NC. They plan to get up with Joe and the other area series so they can go over scheduled races so they do not conflict with their series.
    What I need to know is what kind of support can they expect from local and surrounding racers to get this going. Believe me these guy's are ready to go all out for one the the BEST if not THE BEST motorsport parks around. The more responses I get here the faster this all can get started. I will leave more info as soon as I hear more from them. All I ask is for you guys to give me something to show them! Your imput and response can mean alot. VOICES IN NUMBERS WILL BE HEARD!!!!!!! Thanks! QUAD TT RACER

Default Re: LAWNDALE SPEEDWAY....NC

Sounds great!Hope it takes off really good for ya.We need more tracks that are willing to spend the time and effort to make and keep a nice facility!A lot of the tracks located close by have a lot of potential but dont go the extra mile to maintain the track(and rest of the facilities).
    A couple have done extremely good.If you do it right the riders will show up.(it does help not to have conflicting schedules)Says alot about a place when riders show up for practice on an off weekend and the track is FRESHLY GROOMED,like this century.Big mud holes and ditches across the faces of jumps make it hard to get people to come back.
    Just my 50 cent worth..............
    Good luck and let us know when its done!...........................SCOTT
    Sponsors for 06 -Rockingham roofing, -DASA team racers edge-- www.teamracersedge.com, Legacy ATV www.legacyatv.com,Turtle Racing, Uni filter www.unifilter.com, Simpson racing products ,and saving the best for last - Allgood's Auto, and hopefully Manley Jones racing !!.....(specially when its time to eat!!).

HHPRacing

Sounds really good. If it all goes as planned then I can see this track being one of the best and bring in good money. One thing I think can be a big help is a track that not only holds these events, but helps market them as well. There isn't alot of tracks that promote events, you have to find out by word of mouth. Its time that ATV's need other forms of promoting besides word of mouth. Bring the fans and the riders will come, I don't no about you all, but the more people at a track the more pumped up I get. If the track promotes events and keeps the tracks up to par, it should be a great place to race then.

111quadracer

I agree w/ Scott 100%. I had an opportunity to go practice at Rolling Hills yesterday. A freind of mine was going to give me a ride b/c they were renting the track. I have to say, I hate that facility. In my opinion, if you're going to dish out $100, for some private time on the track, the owners of the track should at least try to do a little work to the track. I chose not to go b/c I know how they operate that facility. They make plenty of money, but they refuse to spend any. I know the faces of the jumps were messed up, and i know there were ruts in the track as well as water standing. If i'm going to pay good money to practice, i expect to practice on at least something fairly decent, not dangerous. So, if they can make their facilities nice, that alone will bring people back. And if they keep a groomed track, that will also bring people back. Sometimes, you might have to spend hours grooming a track, and then it rains, or maybe no one shows up. But for the ones who do show up, at least they will spread the word that the track was in good shape and that will draw in more people. I'll tell you from my own personal experience, Rolling Hills is not the place to be. I think they do a horrible job with both tracks. Though, in the last 3 years, they have gotten better, but they aren't very ATV friendly. And when i get my truck fixed, i'll start checking out some of the other places as well.

Hey Hackney, you ever been to ncmp?If not ya need to check it out.They are open seven days a week and groom the track daily.Yesterday the track was perfect.I'll have to give em credit,those guys(and gals)do a great job with that place.You ought to check it out!I think its on the schedule for a southern atv or one of those series races for a tt race.
    Great place to practice. 8)
    Sponsors for 06 -Rockingham roofing, -DASA team racers edge-- www.teamracersedge.com, Legacy ATV www.legacyatv.com,Turtle Racing, Uni filter www.unifilter.com, Simpson racing products ,and saving the best for last - Allgood's Auto, and hopefully Manley Jones racing !!.....(specially when its time to eat!!).

111quadracer

Yeah, i wanted to come out there yesterday, but they guy i was gonna ride w/ is such a big rolling hills fan, he decided to fork out $100 to practice on that instead of going to NCMP. But as soon as i get my truck going, i'm gonna take a day off and come down there to ride that track. I hear it's a good facility. I wanted to be there yesterday, just didn't have the wheels to get there.

Did you by any chance see the TT track?

I may go up to NCMP tomorrow & check on the TT track. Land is cleared & some clay has been hauled in & track started. Will know tomorrow night if I go how far along they are.

Sence I'm on here, we are planing on having practice at Triple C this comming saturday march 12th, quite a few lined up to come so far.
    Tell some of the guys you know that would like to ride.
    We are planning a little cook out that day, & the ones we know that are allready comming are bringing covered dish fixxins & drinks, kinda like a tailgate party, so bring some food for your crowd.
    I'm going to cook chicken leg quarters on my grill, but that will only feed a few.

If we know how many are comming, that would help.
    How about it Scott, you comming.*
    Tell some folks

CALL THIS # & GIVE A HEAD COUNT.
    252 459 9320
    Thanks Neil
    # 25, 450 Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
    # 33, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens
    # 33, 350R Honda 2 stroke, Andrea Creech, Who knows this season

Crewchief, Cook, Motorhome driver, & Capt of the stoolwasher's club in nat ol motorhome.
    If it aint got a HOT WEEDEATER 2 STROKE ENGINE, all its good for is a pit bike.

111quadracer

Anyone wanna swing by South Boston, VA and pick me up? Hoping to have truck fixed in time for East Bend, but pretty sure it won't be fixed by this weekend. Should have it fixed by Saturday night........i hope (crossed fingers)

Hey, Neil
    I would love to if I actually had a bike to ride.
    All I got is my 450.And its pretty much stock.No sway bar or nothing.

EvilJester400EX

[quote author=smorris link=topic=11750.msg126715#msg126715 date=1110245423]
    Hey, Neil
    I would love to if I actually had a bike to ride.
    All I got is my 450.And its pretty much stock.No sway bar or nothing.
    [/quote]

I got a 400ex you know... ;D Scott, you think the swaybar would work off of my 400EX? If it would, I'll sell it to you if you want it.

+ Reply to Thread